“Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly.” Using SPQuery

Have you run into this error? “Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly.” ? Well I did, I was banging my head into the wall, until I realized that the fields had been renamed at some point, and when referencing splistItem[”FieldName”] in my code, it was not recognizing the updated name. So make sure you reference either the GUID or the name it was before renaming.

Advertisements

One Response to “Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly.” Using SPQuery

  1. Gaptek says:

    Gaptek…

    […]“Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: One or more field types are not installed properly.” Using SPQuery « Sharepoint Musing’s[…]…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: